Tuesday, October 28, 2008

insurable?

So, Ben and I have been meeting with a guy from Northwestern Mutual about life insurance, retirement funds, etc. We are horrible at saving unless it's for something specific, but we realize the importance of getting this stuff underway sooner rather than later, so we've enlisted help. We started by applying for life insurance which requires a small "physical" – urine and blood samples, blood pressure check, etc. Not a big deal for some, but I've always hated needles. When I was little it took my mom, a doctor, and two nurses to hold me down just to prick my finger. Well, I'm proud to say that I made it through – no tears, no fainting, and no one holding me down! It wasn't nearly as bad as I imagined, which is a huge relief knowing that I'll be doing it quite a bit once I start having babies. :)

Now we wait to see if we are approved...

1 comment:

jaredco said...

Good choice going with Northwestern Mutual.