Tuesday, November 4, 2008

meatballs

I know, you're probably wondering why I'm writing a post about meatballs, but I made the best ones last night and had to share. Trying to be healthful, I picked up some Jennie-O ground turkey (the Italian seasoned kind to go with my spaghetti). I've never made anything with ground turkey before but I know it's healthier than ground beef so I thought I'd give it a chance. I threw it together with one bunch of green onions chopped, 3 cloves of pressed garlic, a cup of seasoned breadcrumbs, a couple of small handfuls of grated parmesan (1/2 cup I'd guess), and an egg. Mixed that all up and cooked them in a skillet with olive oil (EVOO if you're a Rachael Ray fan). I tried one and was amazed at how good I'd done having no clue how to make a good turkey meatball. The true test though came when Ben tried them...I believe the quote was, "That is one tasty meatball!" Success! And for those of you who know Ben, I had to make them good because he hates spaghetti. I know, who hates spaghetti, right? But, he does. He didn't eat much of the spaghetti, but he did try it and he downed about 6 meatballs so at least he was adequately fed. :)

I will have hair pics soon, but I didn't take any pictures this weekend so I'm waiting for friends to post theirs.

No comments: