Saturday, September 12, 2009

bad blogger / 29 weeks

Okay, so I really stink at this blogging thing. You'd think being unemployed and home all the time I'd have a million posts, but...not so much. Pregnancy is going great though and all is well with baby. I went in for my glucose screening and an ultrasound the other day. The ultrasound was fun as usual (love seeing my little peanut and I had the doc confirm that it is indeed a she), even the drink wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be, but I could have done without the multiple jabs I received. First, I got a flu shot (still need the H1N1 come October) and then I went to the lab to have my blood drawn for the screening. The tech starts with my right arm, ends up digging around for a minute or two trying to "catch" my moving vein and then decides to go with the left arm. I left there looking, and feeling, like a wounded soldier but it's all for a good cause, right? I swear I've had more blood drawn in the past year than I have in the previous 15!

My belly has really popped out the past couple of weeks, although I still get a lot of the "You're due when??? Oh my God, you're so tiny!" comments. Which, I guess I'd rather be tiny than a blimp, but some people just make me feel like I'm doing something wrong and starving my child. Trust me, I eat PLENTY people! And, none of my regular clothes fit making me feel more on the blimp side.

Belly at 29 weeks, 2 days

I'm also getting really excited for my upcoming showers! I have one with friends tomorrow and then a family one next Sunday – should be fun!

Also, today is archery deer opener so I'll be dragging my pregnant butt into the woods at some point to snag a big buck (hopefully before Ben, ha ha)! Don't worry, I wont be climbing into a tree stand or anything, we have a couple of ground blinds set up. :o)

2 comments:

The Jensen clan said...

Hey...what's wrong with being a blimp? I stare at your "belly" picture with disbelief. Is your due date right???

Ben, Alissa & Peyton said...

Ha, I just noticed this comment. Yes, the date is right but you have to remember that you are WAY smaller than I am to begin with, and shorter. Plus, I have a long torso to house the little one. ;o)