Sunday, October 11, 2009

job + car + babies

Wow, I actually have a few exciting things to report since my last post a month ago!

First of all, I got a job (FINALLY) as a part-time designer for the newspaper in town. Well technically three papers - the River Falls Journal, Hudson Star Observer and Pierce County Herald - but I work in River Falls which is awesome. I'm doing mostly ads right now, but eventually may get to do some page layout. And, I'm hoping that it may turn in to full time down the road (probably after maternity leave). It's great to get out of the house and actually feel productive again.

Second, we bought a new vehicle! I didn't really WANT to for the fact that we just paid off my car and the no payment thing is really nice, BUT the thought of wrestling a car seat in and out of the back seat of a 2-door car makes me cringe. So, we did some looking and ended up buying a GMC Envoy. We just picked it up tonight in fact. It's definitely going to take some getting used to, but so far I like it a lot.

Finally, BABIES! Two friends of mine had their babies this week (one boy, one girl) which is so exciting and makes me really want mine to come...NOW! :) On a sad note, the baby girl was born with a heart defect and is up at Children's Hospital awaiting surgery. She is doing great and the doctors are very optimistic about the outcome, but it sucks just the same and my heart goes out her and her family. Please say a little prayer that all goes well this week! It just sucks that crappy stuff like this happens to good people...

I'll try to get a new pic up soon...promise. :o)

No comments: