Wednesday, January 21, 2009

how much??

I have quite a bit of money saved up in my HSA, so I decided that I would look into new glasses. I haven't gotten a new pair in probably 5 years since I avoid wearing them at all costs, but I could use an updated pair and a new style. So, Ben and I went to Pearle Vision last night to check out their selection (I got my last pair there and they cost me close to $300)...well, apparently the price of glasses has skyrocketed since my last purchase. Pretty much all the frames I looked at were $200-300 – just for the frames!!! Then you add another $150-200 for lenses. Ridiculous! They do have a buy one, get one free special but what would a person like me do with that? I have the night and day contacts so I even sleep in them. The only time I wear glasses is if my eyes hurt. I guess we'll see if it's really worth it to me...

No comments: