Wednesday, November 11, 2009

38 weeks

Well, I had my 38 week appointment yesterday and that was quite the ordeal! Started off normal - he measured me, listened to the heartbeat and checked my cervix. I am thinning out nicely, but he didn't mention anything about dilation so I'm guessing that's a no. Then he tells me that I am measuring a little small (most likely due to the fact her head is so far down the birth canal) so he'd like to do a quick ultrasound just to make sure everything's in check. My blood pressure has been up a little bit the past couple of weeks too, so that may have been another factor he wanted to check out. So, we go do the ultrasound and he's scanning back and forth, back and forth and not saying anything (starting to freak out a little at this point). And then he says, "Well, I'm not seeing what I'd like to on here." Basically, she wasn't moving at all at that point (probably due to the fact she had been moving like crazy all morning and even minutes before he came into the room and that I hadn't eaten lunch yet) so he decided to send me over to labor and delivery to be monitored, "just to be on the safe side". So, he walks me over there and they hook me up to one thing that monitors the heartbeat and another that monitors contractions (which I am having apparently even though I'm not really feeling them). All is well though and he saw what he needed to see on the charts so they let me go. Whew! I mean, I wasn't TOO worried since I knew she had been moving a lot earlier in the day, but it's still a little nerve-wracking. So, more waiting and back to the clinic on Tuesday. I still think a Friday the 13th baby would be cool...hint, hint little girl... :o) Not crossing my fingers though, since I really don't expect to go early.

38 weeks

No comments: