Friday, February 11, 2011

food? yes, please!

Lately I've really been making an effort to find some new and exciting meal options for us - to get us out of the 3 meal rotation we've been in - and I've totally fallen in love with food blogs (hence my last post). One of my favorites so far is Ree Drummond's site, The Pioneer Woman. So far, we've tried the following:

The MM Sandwich, PW Style

Alissa & Ben approved (Cousin Gavin too). Get the Recipe.

Beef Fajita Nachos

Ben, Alissa & Peyton approved. Just to give you an idea - I made a sheet pan full, Peyton and I shared a small plate full and Ben killed the rest. :o) Get the Recipe.

Mushroom & Swiss Sliders with Spicy Fry Sauce


We both loved the sliders, but Ben was not a huge fan of the onion strings (he said they tasted 'oily'). I liked them. Get the Slider Recipe. Get the Onion String Recipe.

I also pulled a couple of recipes from other sites for the Superbowl party we went to at my brother-in-law's house. All were huge hits!
Crack Potatoes from plainchicken.blogspot.com - These are your typical cheesy potatoes, amped up with ranch dressing and bacon - YUM! I adapted the recipe to make them in a crockpot for the event.
Fudgy Brownie Cookies from lifesambrosia.com - A brownie in a neat little cookie package. What could be better? They were A-M-A-Z-I-N-G, especially if you love fudgy, gooey brownies as much as I do.
Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Thingies also from Pioneer Woman - Not spicy at all (even my sister-in-law ate them), but so tasty!

Hungry yet? You're welcome.

No comments: