Sunday, February 20, 2011

one-year-old vocabulary

Peyton's developing quite the vocabulary lately! Here are the words I could think of off the top of my head. Obviously some are clearer than others, but she still gets her point across. :o)

Dada/Mama
egg
Pooh (as in Winnie The)
pup/puppy/Chase
door
open
shoe
boot
coat
hat
Abby (from Sesame Street)
apple
banana
more (plus the sign)
kitty
key
poop
cheese
cook
no (and no-no-no with her finger pointing at Chase - SO funny!)
go
snow
up
hot (this one's hilarious because she does this little hand sign with it - think pulling your hand away from something hot)
bye-bye
Peyton (if you show her herself in the mirror)
shh
kick (as well as the action - thanks Dada!)
nice (as I'm attempting to teach her to be gentle when dealing with the puppy and babies)

She can also locate a variety of body parts when you ask her:
eyes
ears
hair
nose
mouth
fingers/hands
belly button
toes/feet

She also LOVES to help me with the laundry, which is great considering I hate doing laundry. :o) I can throw a pile of clothes on the floor and she'll load the washer (and even started it on me today while I was in the middle of adding the detergent) and she'll transfer clothes from the washer to the dryer. If only I could teach her to fold them and put them away...

No comments: